Friday, August 31, 2012

One-Year Seattle Anniversary


Wow, I can’t believe that today marks our one-year anniversary in Seattle! Exactly a year ago, Stuart and I were driving a packed U-Haul truck from Menlo Park, California to Seattle. I was really impressed with our ability to fit everything we owned into the smallest U-Haul, as a result of hours of careful stacking and reconfiguring. 850 miles later, we were starting our new adventure in the Pacific Northwest. Little did I know that it would turn into a culinary adventure as well, in the form of this blog!


So much has happened in just one year….

1.     We moved to a new state
2.     I started graduate school at the University of Washington
3.     I was hired as a Teaching Assistant for my first college class
4.     I made the decision to work towards an MA instead of a PhD
5.     I made some great new friends
6.     Stuart and I traveled to Canada for the first time
7.     I got my first Le Cruset dutch oven (a gift from Stuart’s parents)
8.     My little sister graduated from college
9.     Stuart and I got married!
10.  I changed my name
11.  I passed an important French exam
12.  I started a food blog ;)
13.  Two of my good friends got engaged
14.  My sister and her boyfriend got their first apartment together
15.  My mom registered for her second Ironman event
16.  Stuart and I planned a honeymoon in Hawaii (we leave on September 8th!)

A photo I took of the University of Washington campus
Stuart at Mount Rainier 
View of the city from Gasworks Park 
First comes the wedding, next comes the honeymoon!
 

No comments: