Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beecher’s Cheese


Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is a culinary hallmark of Seattle. When Stuart and I first moved here a year ago, I would see their name everywhere on restaurant menus and in grocery stores. But it was not until today that I sampled Beecher’s for the first time! 



If you are at Pike’s Market, you can’t miss their flagship store – it’s the one where you can watch them making enormous vats of cheese through the windows on Pike Street. The line is always out the door, as people wait to snack on their famous mac & cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches.  I started by sampling about 5 different cheeses that were out for grabs (my favorite was the Flagship Cheddar) and then got a small Mariachi mac & cheese for $5. It was delicious and creamy, with just a hint of spice.

 The vat where they make the cheese. Doesn't look appetizing now, but it tastes great later!



 Cute little cheese goodies you can buy
 Not sure who the "daytime divas" are, but I sure enjoyed mine!


No comments: