Sunday, September 30, 2012

Northwest Chocolate Festival


Thanks to my account with Living Social, I discovered a few weeks ago that the Northwest Chocolate Festival was happening this weekend at the Seattle convention center. I was ecstatic about the idea of eating dozens of chocolate samples and maybe learning a little about the chocolate making process, so of course I bought a ticket! 


It was a pretty neat event, with lots of talks and educational seminars about chocolate, as well as a big room with booths representing different chocolate vendors. 

FYI, the above photo is of the plant where chocolate "comes from" in original form! 
Crazy right?


My favorite vendor was Fran’s Chocolates, which was handing out the full-size salted caramel candies shown above. I’m pretty sure I went back for about 8 of their samples alone! ...Try not to judge me and my insatiable sweet tooth. Other notable samples I tasted were Divine chocolates and Theo chocolates, but there were also chocolate sauces, vegan chocolates, and international chocolates. Needless to say, I literally ate chocolate for lunch! 








No comments: