Monday, September 17, 2012

Back from Honeymoonland

Ahhhh I am feeling good after an amazing week's honeymoon in Hawaii! As I mentioned before I left, we were visiting the Big Island. We stayed for 3 nights in a fancy resort called the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, which I visited a few times when I was very young. My parents actually went there 30 years ago for their own honeymoon! Luckily, our family friend is a travel agent and got us a great deal, and the hotel manager gave us an additional upgrade to an ocean view room! The next place we stayed was the Puakea Ranch, an old ranch whose buildings have been converted to cute guesthouses (they still have horses and chickens!). 

We got back on Friday night at about 9:30 p.m. The next morning, I had to be on campus at 9:00 a.m. for my teaching assistant orientation. I'm getting ready to teach my first college English class, which begins in one week. Unfortunately, the start of school will mean that my blog posts will get a bit less regular and more sporadic. But I still intend to eat...and take pictures! Check out our honeymoon photos below and get jealous...

Complimentary champagne on the lanai...
Our "fancy" dinner of the trip at Manta Pavilion  
The bomb breakfast buffet at Manta (we made it our lunch, too!)
 Drinks and dessert at Monstera Sushi (I forgot to take photos of the amazing short ribs I ate there)
Village Burger in Waimea, with all local ingredients!

We had delicious pizza at Kona Brewing Co.
Sushi Rock in Hawi
 
Dinner at Merriman's in Waimea
 Breakfast on the porch at Puakea Ranch...ah I miss that ocean view already!


No comments: