Sunday, August 25, 2013

Goodbye Seattle, Hello California!

As you can probably guess from this post title, we made it to California! It's been a whirlwind past week, and I am still pinching myself to make sure that we are really here. Our new apartment is in a great location within walking distance of downtown San Luis Obispo, and now that we have internet set up I can finally get to work on this overdue post. I had planned to do a whole "wrap up" final post for Seattle, but somehow between packing, saying goodbyes, and driving for about 20 hours to reach our new home, it just didn't happen.


However, what I can give you is a rundown of our last few foodie moments in Seattle. Almost all the places we hit up as our last stops I have posted about previously: the pressure was on to have our "last breakfast" in Seattle (and "last dessert" and so on) and make it count. We started out our day at the crowd-pleasing favorite, Portage Bay Cafe. In summer, their berry bar piled high with fresh blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and other toppings can't be beat.


After some furious packing of the moving truck, we were ready to eat lunch again so we walked down the street to Uneeda Burger, a Fremont joint with amazing burgers and milkshakes. I haven't posted about Uneeda yet, so here are a few photos to make your mouth water! Not pictured: the delicious strawberry milkshake made with Snoqualamie ice cream.



We ended the day with seafood at Ray's Boathouse Cafe, primarily because of its amazing views of Puget Sound. My king salmon entree was sooo good, I ate every single bite!! Instead of getting dessert at the restaurant, we stopped to indulge my never-ending ice cream addiction at Cupcake Royale. Their salted caramel cupcake ice cream is to die for.


While saying goodbye to Seattle was hard, Stuart and I are looking forward to our time on California's central coast. We have a crazy next month ahead before Stuart starts school, including a trip to my family cabin at Twin Lakes, Sacramento, the Bay Area, and even New York City! I can't wait to blog about all of it :)


No comments: