Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cupcake Royale

It is a gorgeous weekend here in Seattle! I think that someone tricked mother nature into thinking it is summer already, because it is 75 degrees and sunny - unheard of for May in the northwest. Stuart and I took advantage of the sun by taking a walk in Discovery Park, our favorite park in Seattle. It has everything you want in a walk: 534 acres of dense trees, flower-filled meadows, rolling hills, beaches, a picturesque lighthouse, and, on a clear day, stunning views of both Mt. Rainier and the Olympic range.

Something about sunshine just makes me crave my favorite treat - ice cream! I know the title of this post may be deceiving, as Cupcake Royale is a well-known Seattle cupcake chain. However, they recently debuted a line of amazing ice cream flavors, and I have a sinking feeling that I will be here on a near-weekly basis during the summertime.


The flavors are made with local ingredients, and include Oregon Hill Strawberry, Washington Hazelnut Brittle, and Theo Malted Milk Chocolate. Good thing I switched over to wearing a classy one-piece swimsuit, in lieu of revealing bikinis! Personally, their ice cream ranks higher for me than popular Molly Moon's (posted about here) but ranks lower than my all-time favorite Portland chain, Salt and Straw.




Of course, their cupcakes are also delicious! I can't stay away from the classic red velvet. For me, Cupcake Royale cupcakes are better than Seattle's Trophy cupcake chain, but not as good as Sprinkle's cupcakes, a nation-wide chain I first discovered in California that has not yet made its way to Seattle.



No comments: