Sunday, October 21, 2012

Portland Part I

Well hello blog world, guess what? Today is my birthday! It has been a great day of opening cards and packages, making a delicious breakfast at home, and a surprise Seattle hailstorm. Oh yes...and recovering from my foodie birthday trip to Portland!


Stuart and I made the 3 hour drive down to Portland on Friday morning, and got back late Saturday night. We always like to try and do mini getaways to celebrate special occasions, rather than focus on what "stuff" we think the other person wants. We had a whirlwind trip and I will post in two batches: the basics & the city pictures (posted here today) and the food that we ate (to be posted tomorrow). I need to sift through my many food pictures and decide which to share!

 MORE free champagne in honor of my birthday, thanks to the wonderful Hotel Modera (we had lots during our honeymoon last month in Hawaii)
 Our view from our hotel room of the courtyard
 Powell's City of Books = Best. Bookstore. Ever.
 We visited the Portland Saturday Market...and drank lots of coffee and beer!
More photos and foodie tips to come soon...

No comments: