Monday, July 15, 2013

Israel Trip


Ahh it's good to be home sweet home! I just returned from my 10 day trip to Israel and had a blast. Every single day was packed to the brim with sights to see, mountains to hike, and facts to learn. There were 40 travelers total who participated in my trip, so that meant there were also amazing people to meet. I'm still digesting the fact that I actually went to Israel and saw and did so much. Trip highlights included rafting on the Jordan river, climbing Mount Masada, floating in the Dead Sea, sleeping in a Bedouin tent, camel riding through the desert, and visiting Jerusalem.




The food was also great, but let's just say that I will never want to eat herring for breakfast (a popular Israeli dish) and it will be too soon before I eat falafel for lunch again! Since all breakfasts and dinners were provided by the hotels we stayed at, it's possible that I did not quite get an authentic taste of Israel's food scene. By far my favorite "food" on the trip were the ever-present fresh squeezed juice stands, along with the amazing food market in Jerusalem that was filled with bakeries, nuts, and spices. If I ever have a chance to go back to Israel, I would probably go to Jerusalem first. For now, my travel bug is satisfied and it feels good to be home!



They love gummy type candy over there!

Communal dinner in the Bedouin tent
Diversifying my falefel meal by having it on a baguette vs. pita bread
Just some of your average Israeli breakfast items: cereal, fruit, and...Israeli salad and ravioli
Exotic spices at Jerusalem's Mahane Yehuda market

No comments: