Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wedding Anniversary and Travel Plans

It's hard to believe, but today, June 30th, marks my and Stuart's one year wedding anniversary! Exactly one year ago (almost to the time I am writing this, eek!) we were saying our vows to one another in beautiful Genoa, Nevada. It was such a memorable day, and we wanted to celebrate with the best way we know how -- with high quality food! In this case, we of course wanted to go out for a nice dinner here in Seattle. We had a tough time deciding where to go, for while we have many casual favorites that we love to go to on a regular basis, we couldn't think of a special place that felt right for the occasion. We finally decided on a restaurant called Hitchcock on Bainbridge Island, which involves riding on a ferry boat across Puget Sound. We went last night and it turned out to be an amazing dinner. I particularly liked the roasted turnip appetizer, pictured below.



Today, on our actual anniversary, we celebrated with a picnic on the beach at Discovery park. This was quite appropriate as we have had many memorable picnics together throughout our seven year relationship, including many in California and one in France. We also had a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne that we popped, courtesy of Stuart's brother Drew who gave us the bottle on our wedding day. It was a complete luxury and definitely took our celebration to a whole new level!




Tonight we are actually having a low-key dinner at home, because tomorrow morning I am flying to Los Angeles and from there taking a direct flight to ISRAEL! I will be there for two weeks participating in the popular "birthright trip" through a company called Israel Outdoors. It was sort of a last minute decision as I only signed up two months ago, but I am so excited to see a little bit more of the world and gain a greater understanding of what is going on in that part of the middle east. I hope to come back to Stuart on July 14th a little bit wiser, full of Mediterranean food, and tan! I will not have regular internet access while I'm abroad, so unfortunately you will have to wait two weeks to see pictures from my trip. Until then, bon voyage!

No comments: