Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Fremont Brewery

It's hard to believe, but Stuart and I are moving to California in just one month! While that obviously means we need to prepare to pack up, sell some furniture, and say goodbye to the good friends we've made here in Seattle, it also means that I need to share all of the Seattle food spots that I love but haven't gotten around to posting yet. You would not believe the collection of material I have built up that just hasn't made it onto the blog yet. So, my goal prior to our August 21 move date is to post ALL about Seattle food spots, from breweries (this post!) to bakeries to restaurants. My goal is to do 3-4 posts per week until we move, so that I have the best chance to accomplish this goal!


Today's post features my hands-down favorite brewery in Seattle, Fremont Brewery. When I moved to Seattle two years ago, I didn't even drink beer. But now, I can't wait to grab a cold drink here in Fremont while I chat and unwind with friends before dinner. Stuart and I have brought practically everyone we know here, from siblings to parents to out of town guests. If you plan to visit, be forewarned that this is a beer-only establishment: no wine, no non-alcoholic beverages, no food. Just a vast array of beer choices varying in hoppiness, with bowls of free pretzels to snack on. The upside is that you can bring in any food of your own that you want. We've seen people with pizza, birthday cakes, sandwiches, you name it. The outdoor patio with communal tables is just perfect on a warm summer day.

 You can't beat the sampler option - 5 tastes for $5
 My mom and Stuart enjoying the beer & sunshine

View of the outdoor patio

No comments: