Sunday, September 29, 2013

Avila Valley Barn

I can't believe that fall is officially here! Doesn't it feel like the year 2013 started just yesterday?? Fortunately, fall is one of my favorite seasons, along with apparently the rest of the world. I can't even count how many ads I've seen this year for Starbucks' pumpkin spice lattes! Regardless, I too am looking forward to cozier clothing, my birthday, pumpkins, and making lots of soup -- like this delicious carrot soup that I am currently obsessed with.


Today Stuart and I visited Avila Valley Barn, an adorable place on the way to Avila Beach that is part roadside grocery store, part petting-zoo, and momentarily part pumpkin patch. It was mobbed with small children today, but that didn't lessen the appeal of all the cute animals (kids can feed and pet them) or the allure of the gorgeous looking pumpkins and locally grown produce. I have never seen so many beautiful varieties of pumpkins and gourds in one place. So while it remains a balmy 80 degrees each day here on the central coast, according to mother nature, fall has arrived!



  

 


 


No comments: