Sunday, January 4, 2015

Turks and Caicos Holiday

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and rang in 2015 with a bang. As always, I manage to be shocked and disbelieving that the past year went by so quickly. However, when I stop and think back and all the things I've done and the places I've been in 2014, it seems like a pretty lengthy and fun-filled year!

That said, I am already looking forward to 2015 and the new adventures it has in store. As with years past, I have not made any official new year's resolutions. But that's not to say that I don't have some more loose and unofficial goals for the year ahead. Some of these include: join a book club, find an opportunity to volunteer, eat fewer processed foods, wear more sunscreen, travel to New York City and maybe even Europe, and to accept my next big life transition - when Stuart graduates from his master's program - with grace and enthusiasm. We have no idea what we will be doing or where we will be living six months from now, but I guess that is part of life's wild ride!

 

Did I mention that we just got back from an epic family vacation in the Turk & Caicos, Caribbean?? It has been quite some time since my family has been able to wrangle everyone for a true family trip, and this one was beyond amazing.

We flew to Providenciales, where we stayed for 2 nights soaking in the beautiful light blue water and soft powdery sand. Then we took a 30 minute ferry to the North Caicos, where we rented a big car and drove 45 minutes to Middle Caicos, a large and very remote island with only one hotel and two restaurants to its name. We stayed at - you guessed it - the only resort on the island called Blue Horizon, which is made up of individual houses and bungalows. Our rental house had the best ocean views I've ever encountered. We swam, snorkeled, caught lobster, cooked our own meals, played card games, and had the best time. If only it was closer, I think we'd all go back in a heartbeat!

 
 View of our beach from Middle Caicos resort
 Stuart soaking in the sun in Providenciales
 Walking on the beach in Mudjin Harbor, Middle Caicos
 Collecting conch shells on the beach in Bambara, Middle Caicos
 
 Kayaking amid the mangroves in Middle Caicos
 
 See you again someday, Turks & Caicos!!

No comments: