Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Healthiest Foods

I've never been a big resolution maker. Every time the new year rolls around, I just tell myself to try and stay reasonably healthy, save more money,  and not to take the loved ones in my life for granted. I have the same mentality going into this year, so you definitely won't find me swearing off cookies and candy. However, that doesn't mean that I can't try and add more healthy, nutrient-rich foods to my diet. After doing some research online on the "best healthy foods to eat," I've compiled the below list of foods to guide my trips to the grocery store this year. 




Eggs
Greek yogurt
Salmon
Nuts
Edamame
Oatmeal
Avocado
Broccoli
Spinach
Sweet potatoes
Garlic
Blueberries
Apples
Pomegranate juice
Popcorn
Dark chocolate

Already this year I've eaten loads more salad and eggs, along with a near daily dost of oatmeal topped with fruit and pecans. I've left some foods off the list that are purportedly healthy but I'm not that partial to. If you're interested in continuing your own research on powerfully healthy foods, check out the links below!

Prevention.com

EatingWell.com
HuffingtonPost.com




No comments: