Sunday, January 12, 2014

Splash Cafe

This month so far I've been dreaming of soup, soup, and more soup. Mayyyybe a stew or a bisque thrown in here and there to liven things up. Last weekend, I posted about my new favorite soup to make in my own kitchen, this tasty Broccoli Cheddar soup. This week, I want to share my favorite place to grab a bowl of soup in San Luis Obispo - clam chowder to be exact.


This discovery at local SLO eatery Splash Cafe is pretty much the best clam chowder I have ever had. If you like your chowder thick and creamy, versus thinner and more brothy, this is the chowder for you (and me!). The next best part about this particular chowder is that it can be ordered inside a warm, toasty, buttery bread bowl that is baked on the cafe premises. This is NOT a chowder that I want to get a calorie count for, I'm sure, but it is one that I'd want to pick up on a brisk January night.

The cafe's on-site bakery also makes all sorts of good looking treats, like the muffins, cupcakes, and focaccia bread that I snapped photos of below. But for me, the standout winner is the creamy, carb-o-licious bowl of clam chowder. I wish all of you could come to town and try a bowl with me!



 













No comments: