Sunday, December 8, 2013

Chamisal Vineyards

As the holidays roll in, I am feeling blessed about many things. In the American culture we live in today, it can be all too easy to get caught up in the commercial side of Christmas, fixating on the gifts we want to give and receive. Sometimes it seems crazy watching the "sexified" Christmas commercials that turn up this time of year, for things like Payless shoes or equally mundane items. It's easy to forget that all that stuff is just for fun, and that what's really important is the family and friends we celebrate with, the roof over our heads, and the fact that we have more than enough food to eat while many in the world don't have enough.


This year, I'm especially thankful for the beautiful scenery I find myself surrounded with, and the fact that both my and Stuart's family are so much closer than they've been in years. Over Thanksgiving weekend, we got to go check out the gorgeous scenery at Morro Bay, followed by some wine tasting at Edna Valley's Chamisal Winery. I can't wait to do it again! The photo above is courtesy of my mother-in-law, Karen Poulter.



The have a scenic patio where you can sit and drink wine (including some great Pino Noirs and Chardonnays)

Feeling lucky to be living life, period - let alone here in beautiful central California!




No comments: