Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sally Loo’s Cafe

Ok it is official: I think I've found my favorite spot to eat in San Luis Obispo. This gem of a cafe was discovered right after we moved to California. It's only a 5 minute walk from our apartment, right over the train track pedestrian walkway that separates our street from the other side of town. This is a bit dangerous, as we are basically neighbors with my favorite place to eat. It has been taking all of my willpower to stay away!

Why do I like this cafe so much, you ask? Number one, it has an adorable canine mascot. "Sally Loo" is the name of the owners' dog, who named their cafe in her honor. Cute, right?? That is her face painted on the sign, in the photo above. Second, the food is awesome. Nothing fancy, just a really good sandwich or breakfast or fresh-sqeezed orange juice, bursting with fresh ingredients that you can see and taste. Below are some favorites...

This is the turkey brie sandwich, my favorite item on the menu thus far. I don't even like brie by itself, but in this sandwich it is pure magic. 
 Stuart got this sandwich as a special one day - look at all that avocado!
 Cute brick and wood round out the interior.
 A healthy looking bagel to start the day, perhaps?
 
And did I mention the OJ is fresh squeezed? My fave!
Basically, I feel like this cafe was created just for me. Now if you'll excuse me, I am off to Sunday brunch! ;)

No comments: