Saturday, February 23, 2013

5 Star Treatment at Agrodolce

When I posted last week about the 48 hours in Seattle I spent with my good friend Lindsay, I neglected to mention one amazing experience that we had at an amazing restaurant called Agrodolce. I had actually never heard of this restaurant, despite the fact that it's right down the street from where we live. I was a bit surprised that I had missed the buzz because it is run by award-winning chef Maria Hines, who owns several well-known restaurants in the Seattle area.


How did we end up there? Well, Lindsay's friend has been a server at the restaurant since it opened a few months ago. When she asked if we would come in and eat during her shift last Sunday, I had NO IDEA what we were is store for. It pretty much went down like this: Free champagne when we sat down. Free house made focaccia bread appetizer. Free cured pork loin appetizer. Free chickpea fritter side dish. Free chocolate budino dessert. They seriously pulled out all the stops for our little table of three -- I've never had that experience before, and it felt like a serious treat! All we ended up paying for were our entrees (I had the amazing ricotta ravioli) and a bottle of Italian wine, which were also out of this world. All I kept thinking was, "so this is how the other half lives!" Needless to say, I enjoyed my night of feeling like a red-carpet celebrity. 







 

Thank you Lindsay for your wonderful visit, and for making this meal possible! :)

No comments: